Responsible for managing the software development projects throughout their lifecycle, making special research, data analysis and data gathering, documenting the business and technical requirements to facilitate strategic decision-making, helping the entire project team to complete the projects within its planned scope, schedule and budget. Analyze new software and techniques to improve the actual tools implemented.
Assist department manager with the administrative tasks related to the contracting of consultants or other external resources to supplement existing staff. This includes managing the day-to-day activities, reviewing deliverables and ensure compliance with contractual terms.
Also responsible for maintaining the operation of custom software applications, managing and assigning Helpdesk requests to programmers to resolve issues or implementing upgrades to these applications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Leads the team of developers to troubleshoot and analyze issues with the applications, as well as design and implement solutions.
- Evaluates Helpdesk requests to determine their feasibility and time required for implementation, their compatibility with current systems, and infrastructure capabilities required supporting them.
- Participates and assists developers in designing solutions to business requirements with custom applications.
- Resolves questions and problems on business processes from consultants, contractors and internal personnel participating in the software development process; facilitates any interaction between the development team and the business users.
- Plans, manages, and provides coordination for projects that fall within the area’s responsibility, including the integration processes with customers, suppliers and other external parties.
- Identifies Products, Services and Technologies to consider in resolving application requirements.
- Coordinates with IT and Business Personnel, both on the customer and supplier side of our operation, in the definition of system integration requirements for implementation.
- Interacts with the users of the software applications to:
- Ensure effective communication between business users and developers to clarify business requirements and design specifications.
- Document business requirements; prepare project proposals; design specifications; and other information pertinent to projects or user requests for implementation.
- Gather test scenarios for project acceptance process.
- Resolve conflicts or inconsistencies between requirements of different business units in order to obtain solutions that will preserve the integrity of the system and processes.
- Works with the DBA, and IT support areas to coordinate related activities that interact with custom applications.
- Works with department heads to clarify any business or technical issues.
- Schedules and assigns available resources for projects implementation in coordination with the General Manager.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Trains users on new functionality of the software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of five years’ experience in computer programming, applying the full life cycle of software applications.
- Required experience in project management.
SKILLS AND EXPERTICE
- Must be Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Knowledge in the use of UNIX, C/C++, Java, Windows, .Net TCP/IP Servers and Clients, SQL, Oracle database and development tools.
- Desire knowledge in Web services applications, Business Objects.
- Ability to multitask; handling a wide variety of tasks and projects concurrently
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Project management: ability to manage resources, time, cost and scope for the successful delivery of solutions.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Teamwork: ability to work in teams with good communication between supervised people and areas involved; excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and project management tools.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com