The Contracts Specialist JR is responsible for providing the analysis and follow-up needed to negotiate, administer and maintain Framework Agreements and related activities.
Provides functional support to end-user, buyer, seller, and operations personnel on Framework Agreements and support to the Supplier Alliances General Manager (“Manager”) by supervising (operationally) the Contracts Administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Validate prices of new goods and/or services for inclusion in the corresponding price lists of existing Framework Agreements using data compiled from various sources.
- Request, receive, analyze and update price lists in accordance with requirements set forth in signed Framework Agreements, related procedures and/or work instructions.
- Authorize price lists’ validity, status, and relevant data fields in the Automated Information System (“HITEC”).
- Prepare and obtain Manager’s approval on commercial recommendations related to annual price list updates.
- Prepare and obtain the Manager’s approval for pre-analysis evaluations and feasibility studies for negotiations projects as assigned.
- Maintain existing contract templates and/or provide/propose revisions to the department/person responsible for maintaining existing contract templates.
- Prepare new contract template language based on new customer’s requirements and /or changes in guidelines.
- Prepare, obtain approvals and ensure the sending of invitation letters and requests for information (“RFI”) related to negotiation projects assigned.
- Prepare contract drafts as necessary, ensuring the use of the latest contract template language, including commercial and/or operational information considered.
- Provide follow-up for assigned projects, including data input, and responses of suppliers to the RFI as well as maintaining of the relevant contract draft.
- Ensure response to the RFI, including all legal documentation, is obtained.
- Evaluate comments received from the suppliers regarding the contract draft and prepare, for the Manager’s approval, a response and/or counterproposal to such comments, as needed.
- Participate in negotiation sessions with suppliers and other intercompany departments. Evaluate counterproposals presented by suppliers and other parties and propose alternate wording, as needed.
- Prepare commercial recommendations as it relates to new Framework Agreements and obtain the Manager’s approval.
- Prepare, obtain approvals, and ensure prompt sending of the documentation required to request the customer’s accession to the Framework Agreements. Follow up until the accession process is completed.
- Conduct kick-off meetings with new suppliers to provide general orientation on the operation of Framework Agreements.
- Ensure compliance of current Framework Agreements as well as with the customer’s internal policies through the negotiation and implementation of Amendments, as applicable.
- Support customer’s contracting process through Framework Agreements by maintaining follow-up with suppliers and monitoring the reception of all documents related to orders issued in connection therewith, including contract compliance.
- Respond to customers’ inquiries with regard to the delivery and/or acceptance status of orders and maintenance of actual delivery dates in HITEC.
- Keep records and maintain in HITEC all data related to orders issued through Framework Agreements including the registration of no outstanding tax liabilities in Mexico and performance guarantees, as needed.
- Contact supplier and request all necessary information and documentation to comply with Mexican custom authorities requirements at port of entry (when applicable).
- Provide post contract execution support to customers, asset and resource teams including assistance with dispute resolution of discrepant shipment/receiving errors, service acceptance registry issues, accounts receivable/payable, performance management, liquidated damages provisions, etc.
- Estimate, review, and forward to suppliers, liquidated damages for delay claims in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Framework Agreements.
- Analyze supplier’s written objections concerning liquidated damages for delay claims and request additional written information from customer as needed, make necessary changes to the contractual delivery date and/or risk transfer date and verify partial deliveries in HITEC, keeping complete and accurate records throughout the entire process.
- Review and validate invoicing related reports.
- Advise suppliers of non-compliance with contract requirements and meet with suppliers to review contract performance.
- Respond to customer’s requests and inquiries regarding the content of framework agreements.
- Participate in developing and streamlining department’s internal business processes, including but not limited to the preparation and reviewing procedures and work instructions related to PPI’s Quality Management Systems, Lean Six-Sigma and any departmental initiatives to improve the quality of the services and internal processes.
- Provide training, guidance and supervision (when requested) to the Contracts Administrators.
- Elaborate minutes or meetings, in English or Spanish, as required.
- Schedule, review, maintain and forward regularly open line items status reports to suppliers.
- Prepare data and assist in external audit processes, as requested.
- Test new functionality of HITEC related to the department, as needed.
- Participate in meetings (including travel, when applicable) to resolve client’s and supplier’s concerns.
- Participate (including travel, when applicable) in the courses, seminars, conferences, etc. considered in the department’s training program.
- Maintain contracts transaction related data in company’s Automated Information System (HITEC).
- Perform other related duties and special projects, as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A four-year college degree in an engineering discipline (Industrial Engineering preferred) or Business degree with an analytical orientation.
- Minimum of two years of related experience, or a minimum of six years of related supply chain experience and/or training.
- Fluent (written and oral) in English and Spanish.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to price changes, economic index calculations, comparative analysis and basic estimations/projections
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to function well under stress, to perform in a multitasked, fast paced, and changing environment is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, customer service orientation, and ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, as well as with external suppliers, internal/external customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical journals, governmental regulations, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
- Aptitude for learning new software quickly.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org